Wilsons Promontory National Park
Wilsons Promontory National Park is the southernmost point of mainland Australia. It is a place where natural beauty reigns supreme, and is the ultimate destination for rest and relaxation.
Wilsons Prom is a great family holiday destination and is also perfect for bushwalking, hiking, swimming, surfing and photography.
Tidal River is the only settlement within Wilsons Promontory National Park and caters mostly to campers in tents. So if you don't want to 'rough it' in a tent, staying at Warrawee Holiday Apartments in Foster and taking the short 20 minute drive to the Prom entrance, is a much more civilised alternative.
Where is Wilsons Prom?
Some great things to do at Wilsons Prom:
- Build a sandcastle on Norman Beach, at Tidal River
- Hike to the top of Mt Oberon or Mt Bishop
- Listen to the squeak of quartz sand at the aptly named Squeaky Beach
- Wander through the lush environment of Lilly Pilly Gully
- Photograph some kangaroos, wombats and emus, often seen on the plains just off the Prom road
And after doing all these great things, you can return to a clean, relaxing, climate-controlled unit at Warrawee, so you can recover from having such a great time!